Updated: May 8, 2020 - GearHub is committed to our customers and their health. We are taking serious measures and will continue to remain OPEN to take care of our clients' needs.
In light of current health concerns around the world and locally, we wanted to update our customers about the preventative measures we are taking at GearHub:
- We have consciously increased our regular cleaning procedures so that staff are regularly disinfecting common surfaces (like door handles and counters).
- GearHub is requiring staff to wash their hands regularly and have provided personal hand sanitizer for all of our team members.
- We have instructed staff to stay home if they experience any sign of sickness.
- We invite our customers to wash their hands in our washroom upon entering the store.
- We are wiping down all rentals with sanitizing spray upon return and before they go out.
Store hours & operation:
- We are reducing our hours of operation to 10am - 5pm daily for the time being.
- We are limiting the number of customers in-store at one time to 5 or less. We ask staff and customers to please respect everyone’s ability to maintain a 2-metre distance and to wait or come back if the sign on the door shows we are full.
- We are ceasing our weekly fatbike group rides for the time being.
- We are always happy to inform and help guide our customers with any questions they may have, so reach out anytime to our amazing staff via phone at 250-423-5555. Our staff can offer expert advice, give gear recommendations, answer any questions and even process payments via phone.
- We understand that travel plans are changing daily and are happy to cancel rental bookings without the usually required 24-hour notice, with no penalties or fees
- We are closing our Adventure Rentals location at the Stanford Inn for the winter season, and moving our Adventure Rentals fatbikes, snowshoes, and cross country rentals to our downtown store location to accommodate rental demand.
- Please allow 24-48hrs for a response to email, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon and Pinkbike inquiries.
- If you haven't already shopped online with us at gearhub.ca, the timing is perfect to do so. A HUGE selection of our inventory is available for purchase through our online store.
- We continue to offer free pick up in-store and we are temporarily offering FREE LOCAL DROP OFF by request to the surrounding local area including Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford, Hosmer, Morrissey, and Elko. For free local drop-off select the "pick up in-store" option and add a note requesting local delivery.
- We are increasing our postings of consignment inventory on our Facebook Gear Swap page.
- Due to reduced store hours and shipping carrier disruptions, please allow 3-5 business days for the fulfillment of online orders. For more information on shipping, please click here. Effective March 18th, shipping carrier service guarantees have been suspended until further notice. We are grateful for your understanding that orders can take longer to get to their destinations during these exceptional circumstances.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep our customers advised of any updates on our services as the situation evolves.
We appreciate our customers’ flexibility, understanding and continued support during this time.
We hope that everyone can get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air and open space that our valley has to offer.
Stay healthy, enjoy the outdoors, and make sure you wash your hands regularly!
For more COVID-19 updates from Fernie, please visit: